Passive Heave Compensators
Mounted between the hook and the load, Cranemaster Passive Heave Compensators expands your vessel capabilities and protects your crane, lifted object and personnel. When using a Cranemaster you improve your operational weather window, reduce the probability of snap loads and reduce heave motion.
Our Solutions for Passive Heave Compensation
Cranemaster Passive Heave Compensators are robust, reliable and easy to use. The units reduces impacts in offshore lifts above sea level, through the splash zone and subsea. The units can carry a safe work load from 0.5 to 1600 ton. Click on the range that suits you to see all our passive heave compensators:
Benefits of Passive Heave Compensation
Passive heave compensation can be utilized in all scenarios where there are relative heave motions between the crane hook and the foundation being lifted to or from. The load is kept in position regardless of vessel motion, and makes it possible to position loads accurately, even in rough weather. This maximizes the weather window, increases operational time and decreases damage to your equipment.
- Spring-damper system based on gas pressure and hydraulic fluid
- Self-contained – no external connections of hoses or wires required
- Load range: 0.5 – 1600 ton / Stroke range: 0.5 – 5.0 meter
- For rental or purchase
- Failure free operation thanks to robust technology
- Developed and produced in Norway
- May be equipped with features such as Quick Lift and Lock & Release for enhanced performance
- Contact us for discussions of specially designed shock absorbers