Passive Heave Compensators
Mounted between the hook and the load, Cranemaster Passive Heave Compensators expands your vessel capabilities and protects your crane, lifted object and personnel. Using a Cranemaster you improve your operational weather window, reduce the probability of snap loads and reduce heave motion.
Cranemaster Passive Heave Compensators are robust, reliable and easy to use. The units reduces impacts in offshore lifts above sea level, through the splash zone and subsea. For 40 years they have proven to be both effective and dependable.
- Spring-damper system based on gas pressure and hydraulic fluid
- Self-contained – no external connections of hoses or wires required
- Load range: 0.5 – 1600 ton / Stroke range: 0.5 – 5.0 meter
- For rental or purchase
- Failure free operation thanks to robust technology
- Developed and produced in Norway
- May be equipped with features such as Quick Lift and Lock & Release for enhanced performance
- Contact us for discussions of specially designed shock absorbers
Passive heave working principle
A passive heave compensator system works with a double acting hydraulic load absorber. It is a rugged self-contained hydraulic/pneumatic unit based on gas pressure and hydraulic fluid.
Talk to us about your project
We’re always excited to help our clients tackle their challenges when it comes to lifting operations. Our competent engineers will help you find the correct product for your requirements!